Monday 17 November 2014

At Bloomin' last!!!

Finally I have finished this blanket. It's taken me nearly eighteen months which is just ridiculous.




I started it when we put in an offer for the house we are now living in, I just wanted to make something specially for it.

Autumn is a very special time for me, my birthday is in September and I tend to view Autumn as a time of new beginings, I make resolutions and such around about this time. Probably stems from the begining of school/college terms. They always seemed like a fresh start.







The colours of Autumn have a special place in my heart. I must admit I use them in my home decor quite often, I'm pretty certain all my flats etc have had an Autumnal coloured living room. It works all times of year, I can make it really cosy around Christmas and make it cooler in summer just by changing a few cushions and accessories.

 


I'm not a modern girl, really. I do like retro and comfy and above all, cosy.

So I'm now onto my next project. A little baby blanket. I've decided to use a Clamshell pattern from Cherry Heart. It's so pretty and just perfect. I've only got a few months to get it done, so can't afford to eek it out like I did my Autumnal blanket! 





No comments:

Post a Comment